- 2 years in a similar position on another cruise ship or in a Hotel/Restaurant.
- In charge of a clean, organized and hygienic store according to USPH and HACCP standards.
- Following the STAR CLIPPERS Hotel concept as well as the rules from the manual.
- Taking care in controlling and maintaining all food, beverage and non-food articles related to the hotel department.
- Reducing costs and maintaining quality standards.
- Monitoring the loading, delivery and cost of all food and beverage items on the vessel.
Task and responsibilities
- Ordering in coordination with the Executive chef, Head waiter, Head barman and the Hotel manager all needed articles via the head office in Monaco.
- Organizing small local orders in coordination with his superior to avoid shortcuts on important items.
- Controlling of all delivered items according to the invoice.
- Checking the quality of the delivered products in cooperation with the respective department heads.
- In charge of the rotation of the products in the store. First in – first out (FIFO). Informing the department head ahead of time about expired articles.
- Delivery of products to the departments regarding the requisition form and the delivery time set from the stores.
- Daily control of the minimum and maximum stock, preparing the monthly inventories, maintaining statistic reports and controlling the food cost by means of delivered products to the departments.
- In charge of the professional use, cleaning and maintenance of the machinery and utensils in the whole store area.
- Control of the reception of products regarding quality, quantity and the correct storage.
- Coordination of ordering with the Hotel manager and the Executive chef.
- Organizing of FIFA (first in, first out) in the cooler and deep freezers.
- Organization and controlling of proper requisitions for the whole hotel department.
- Competent training, judgement and support of colleagues.
- Adapt the rules of USPH and HACCP in the whole working area.
- Informing his superior of all unregular activities in the Hotel Department.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.