2 years in a similar position on another cruise ship or in a Hotel/Restaurant.
- In charge of production, presentation, organization and coast control of all food products.
- Charing the responsibility for all products leaving the galley.
Task and responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, in the organization and in the preparation of all food products for the buffets, menus, a-la-carte and special events.
- Coordination and professionalism in the use of manpower, machinery, utensils and material.
- In charge of the professional use, cleaning and maintenance of the machinery and utensils in his working space.
- Control during the production of quality and quantity as well as the control and recycling of the left over and the over production.
- Correct storing of returned products of the galley and saving the filling up of the buffets etc.
- Daily check of the merchandise on hand.
- Continuing check of the quality, prepare norms for the purchasing.
- Preparing and controlling of a correct requisition for the daily use harmonize with the Menu-/Buffet- and event planning.
- Control of quality, quantity of the received products and their proper storing.
- Adapt the rules of USPH and HACCP in the whole working area.
- Information to the superior of all unregular activities in the Hotel Department.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.
Meet Iman, Breakfast Cook, and hear about his Career on Board of our Ships.
I started my career as an utility in the hotel department. I completed my training and today I’m a certified cook and responsible for preparing the full breakfast.