Assistant Purser/Sloop Shop Manager
Superior: Captain regarding Ships safety management system and procedures
Department Head: Purser/Hotel Manager
1 year in a similar position on another cruise ship or in Hotel. Fluent English, preferable German and/or French.
- In charge of organization and control of all administrative matters.
- Responsible for the Sloop Shop on board.
- Enforce in cooperation with the department heads the STAR CLIPPERS Hotel concept as well as the rules from the manual.
- Reducing costs and maintaining quality standards.
Task and responsibilities
- Helping to prepare the clearance in every port.
- Helping to prepare and distribute passenger lists, crew list, muster lists, birthday list, for the involved departments on every voyage after check in.
- Pay out commissions after every voyage.
- Make a sales report every week.
- Check transfers for passenger every voyage.
- Check back-to-back passengers every voyage.
- Prepare check out and implement billing.
- Help to take care of sign on and off of crew.
- In charge of the maintenance and correct use of the Resco-, Micros-, Orassys- and Excel system.
- Help to take charge of the Ving card and key system.
- End of cruise procedure after check-out.
- Handling the Reception desk and the Sloop Shop.
- Information to the superior of all unregular activities in the Department.
- Weekly inventories of the Sloop Shop following the standards from Head office Monaco.
- Place regular orders to Head Office Monaco in order to have the standard inventory.
- Organize with passengers and crew a weekly Fashion Show in cooperation with Cruise Director.
- Working and following up the procedures in the Purser/Sloop Shop Operational Manual.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.