Superior: Captain regarding Ships safety management system and procedures.
Director of Hotel Operation
2 years in a similar position on another cruise ship or in Hotel. Fluent English, preferable German and/or French
- In charge of production, presentation, organization and cost control of all Hotel Departments.
- Responsible to guide and train all employees in the Hotel Department.
- Enforce in cooperation with the department heads the STAR CLIPPERS Hotel concept as well as the rules from the manual.
- Reducing costs and maintaining quality standards.
Task and responsibilities
- Planning and organization of all hotel operation and special events.
- Controlling of the quality and quantity of all production in the hotel department.
- Securing a professional cost controlled service and offer.
- Controlling of the reception of products regarding quality, quantity and the correct storage.
- Coordination of ordering with the Storekeeper and the Executive chef.
- Competent training, judgement and support of colleagues.
- Organizing crew trainings for all hotel departments on a weekly basis. Training guidelines used are the Hotel Procedure Manual and the USPH/HACCP.
- Adapt the rules of USPH and HACCP in the whole working area.
- Preparing with the department heads one Food & Beverage- and one investment budget for the following season.
- In charge with the Purser for the administration and reservation of all matters in the hotel department.
- In charge with the Purser and Asst. Purser for the administration and selling in the Sloop Shop.
- In charge of the Cruise Director and in cooperation of control of Sports, Entertainment and Masseuse.
- In cooperation with the Housekeeper in charge of all interests in this department.
- Information to the superior of all unregular activities in the Hotel Department.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.