Health & Sanitation Coordinator
Superior: Captain regarding Ships safety management system and procedures, Hotel Manager regarding hotel operation and guest services, Related dept heads in the main office
Department Head: Related dept heads of Marine & Hotel Ops in the main office
- Formal degree in Sanitation Management from a recognized institution, previous experience/employment in ShipSan structures would be a great benefit.
- Certified by the United States Public health by attending a Vessel Sanitation program conducted by Centre of Disease Control.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in a luxury international hotel property in a Food and Beverage Managerial position or one (1) year experience in the luxury cruise ship industry in a Food and Beverage Managerial position preferred (plus appropriate on-the-job training for this position).
- Up to date in all matters of Environment and Safety related issues and must have a thorough knowledge of current USPH, UK Public Health, and European ShipSan health.
- Basic Knowledge of HACCP beneficial.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership and human resource Management skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- In charge of maintaining during production, presentation, organization full control of health and sanitation standards in all relevant Departments.
- Responsible to guide and train all employees on board regarding USPH / ShipSan and Covid requirements.
Task and responsibilities
- Responsible for the entire Sanitation Operation within the Marine, Engine and Hotel Department on board, this includes all equipment and machinery control in all relevant spaces like Galley outlets, Galley Consumables and all work orders in the Galley, food outlets, Crew Mess, Pools and water treatment.
- Organizing crew trainings for all hotel departments on a weekly basis. Training guidelines used are the Hotel Procedure Manual and the USPH/HACCP/ShipSan.
- Adapt the rules of USPH/ HACCP/ShipSan in the whole working area.
- Information to the superior of all unregular activities in the Hotel Department.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.