2 years in a similar position on another cruise ship or in Hotel/Bar.
- In charge of production, presentation and organization of all beverage products.
- Replacing the Chef Bartender in absence.
- Enforce in cooperation with the Chef Bartender the STAR CLIPPERS Hotel concept as well as the rules from the manual.
Task and responsibilities
- Nice and friendly service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages at the bar counter and at the tables in the Bar, Dining room and on Deck.
- Permanent control of the Bar (front and back) and tables in point of cleanliness and regularly changing ashtrays and asking for additional orders.
- In charge of the professional use, cleaning and maintenance of the machinery and utensils in his working space.
- Control during the production of quality and quantity of the ordered beverages and snacks.
- Daily check of the merchandise on hand.
- Working strictly with calculations and recipes for the preparation of cocktails and other beverages.
- Preparing and controlling of a correct requisition for the daily use.
- Control of quality, quantity of the received products and their proper storing.
- Organizing of FIFO (first in, first out) in the coolers.
- Organization and controlling of proper requisitions for the whole bar.
- Competent training and support of colleagues.
- Adapt the rules of USPH and HACCP in the whole working area.
- Information to the superior of all unregular activities in the Hotel Department.
- Cooperation with other departments.
- Integration in the Team and assistance and performance in special activities.
Meet Calvin, member of the Bar Team, explaining why he loves working on the Star Clipper Ships.
I am a bar keeper and love my job with all my heart and soul. Especially I love the contact with the guests. I can’t imagine a better place to work.